If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
- Canada: Business Outlook Survey consistent with Q3 deceleration
- U.S.: Why is the participation rate stabilizing?
- Canada: Auto sales on track to top two million units this year
- U.S.: Harvey and Irma wreak havoc on September payrolls
- Canada: The September jobs report could be very soft
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- Minimum wage: How much is too much ?
- The Phillips curve still holds!
- Is it time to pull back stimulus?
- Where are we in the cycle?
- How concerned should the Fed be about U.S. inflation?
- Geopolitical Briefing: The self-inflicted pain in Spain
- The story behind China’s crackdown on outbound investments
- How will NAFTA negotiations play out?
- North Korea: What’s next?
- India’s challenges and potential
Public Sector Research
- Quick Hit: GoC T-bills the ultimate fiscal shock absorber (Oct. 17, 2017)
- Quick Hit: Monitoring the IMF’s Fiscal Monitor (Oct. 16, 2017)
- Quick Hit: Where will you be in 2060? (Oct. 6, 2017)
- Quick Hit: Is it the season to be long Canadian credit? (Oct. 5, 2017)
- Quick Hit: 0 to 70 in six months flat! (Oct. 02, 2017)