If you are interested in financial markets and the economy, you are in the right place! Whether you want to know the latest national and international developments or consult the most recent economic and financial forecasts, all you have to do is select the type of analysis of interest to you from our prize-winning Economics and Strategy Group.
The Weekly Economic Watch offers a commentary on developments in the economic environment as depicted by economic indicators released during the week and on indicators to be published in the upcoming week. Trends in a wide range of international, national and provincial economic and financial indicators are also presented.
Each month, the World economic outlook, in particular the North-American context, is reassessed. It also includes forecasts for the major economic and financial variables.
An analysis on a current economic or financial topic.
- The BoC’s labour market indicator understates labour market tightness
- Minimum wage: How much is too much ?
- The Phillips curve still holds!
- Is it time to pull back stimulus?
- Where are we in the cycle?
- The political fragmentation sweeping Europe reaches Germany
- Saudi Arabia bets the house (or Kingdom)
- Chinese Communist Party Congress points to greater control
- The self-inflicted pain in Spain
- The story behind China’s crackdown on outbound investments
Public Sector Strategy
- Quick Hit: Ruminations on provincial valuations
- Quick Hit: Welcoming Ontario’s new long bond?
- Quick Hit: Trade From Away
- Quick Hit: Keystone XL a good “next step” for Alberta. Agreed
- Quick Hit: Foreigners 'heart' Canadian bonds